A Good Strategy & Tactic Tree
The book is a detailed guide to help understand and construct the most comprehensive logical tool – the Strategy and Tactic (S&T) Tree.
A Good Strategy & Tactic Tree is a rigorous textbook that presents rules, examples, and exercises in the four areas of constructing an S&T Tree:
- the content of the entities in the S&T boxes;
- the relationship between the entities within the same box;
- the vertical relationship between the S&T boxes;
- the S&T structure.
In her new book, Jelena shares her recent developments in the area of working with major TOC logical tools. Jelena’s books are an important contribution to the TOC body of knowledge.
What readers say about Jelena’s books:
Every so often a book comes along that fills a gap, that makes us say, “That’s just what I was looking for.” Many of us in the TOC community consider the cloud to be our most powerful and most frequently used TP tool. We users will appreciate the careful attention Jelena Fedurko has given to our favorite construct, the cloud. Her knowledge of this tool, and her understanding of the logic behind it, are clearly expressed in these pages. The ample examples and detailed explanations make this unquestionably the most powerful book on clouds yet written. She has upgraded all of our knowledge, and provided a permanent addition to the TOC body of knowledge. We are all in her debt. If you are serious about TOC, you must own this book. – Forward to Behind the Cloud by Dr. Alan Leader
Your book [Behind the Cloud] has been a perfect support for me to dig further into the Cloud’s mechanisms, and its relationship with the other TP tools.
I’m quite a TOC newcomer, but already a big fan. I’m getting into Clouds and I heard very good feebdacks about your book.
I have read your book Behind The Cloud and enjoyed it very much. I learned many new ideas. Thank you.
We recently acquired the book “Behind the Cloud” by Jelena Fedurko. An excellent guide to raising assumptions in a cloud!
I am one of the guys that I watched your presentation back in Germany about the UDE clouds and I also bought your new book [Through Clouds to Solutions]. I just wanted you to know that I found your book to be just great !!! you did an excellent job setting it up for all the rest of us. I found it extremely useful – I have read it 10 times and I advise it all the time. It is really excellent !!
I just wanted to thank you for your well written book [Mistakes and Difficulties in Working with TOC Logical Tools]. This is a great read for anyone wanting to REALLY understand clouds and CRTs.
Your previous books have been so good, I look forward to receiving your S&T Book.
All of your books are excellent. Clean, clear, quick, no-nonsense teaching material.
I have begun using “Through Clouds To Solutions” to properly frame UDEs (reference 10 Rules) – & intend using it extensively to make the UDE clouds and then onwards to the core conflict & CRT, using the Three Cloud Method. This is to acknowledge that your work has been a ‘big big help’ – difficult to imagine how I would have managed it without your explanations, error examples & workbook exercises… I feel sorry for the many TOC practitioners who are wanting to master the use of cloud technique but are either unaware or not fully connected to your work, for whatever reasons – pity that they are not benefiting from your immense contribution in this area…..!!
Your book [Mistakes and Difficulties in Working with TOC Logical Tools] arrived last night it is fantastic!!! I have not stopped reading it.
A Good Strategy & Tactic Tree – Table of Contents
- About the Author
- From the Author
Part 1. The S&T Tree Purpose, Structure, and Some History
- Chapter 1: Why the S&T Tree?
- Chapter 2: History of the S&T Tree, Written by Oded Cohen especially for this book
- Chapter 3: The S&T Tree Structure
Part 2. Understanding Entities in the S&T Tree
- Chapter 4: Why is it a Challenge to Construct an S&T Tree?
- Chapter 5: A Common Confusion: What to Put in the Entities in an S&T Tree?
- Chapter 6: Identifying the Pattern within the S&T Entities
- Chapter 7: A Recap on the Content of Each Entity Type in an S&T Tree
- Chapter 8: Analyzing S&T Entities – Exercise
- Chapter 9: Analyzing S&T Entities – Answers
- Part 3. Understanding an S&T Box
- Chapter 10: The S&T Rules
- Chapter 11: Analyzing an S&T Box – Exercise
- Chapter 12: Analyzing Necessary Assumptions – Answers
- Chapter 13: Analyzing Strategy – Answers
- Chapter 14: Analyzing Tactic – Answers
- Chapter 15: Analyzing Parallel Assumptions – Answers
- Chapter 16: Analyzing Sufficiency Assumptions – Answers
- Part 4. A Practical Approach to Constructing an S&T Tree
- Chapter 17: How to Ensure Correct Vertical Relationship between the S&T Boxes
- Chapter 18: A Very Simple Example of Building the Top Down Cascade of Strategy&Tactic Pairs
- Chapter 19: Completing the S&T Tree
- An Afterword from the Author
The book is 181 pages, soft covers.
To get information about the book and to purchase – please contact email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Jelena is a TOC Expert in tocExpert, International Director of TOC Strategic Solutions, and a co-founder and co-president of TOCPA – the Theory of Constraints Practitioners Alliance. She has worked with companies in the areas of production, project management, supply chain, distribution, and retail in more than 15 countries helping with TOC implementations.
Other books by Jelena Fedurko:
- Behind the Cloud – Enhancing logical thinking (2011)
- Through Clouds to Solutions – Working with UDEs and UDE Clouds (2013)
- Mistakes and Difficulties in Working with TOC Logical Tools (2014)
- A Good Strategy and Tactic Tree – Rules, Examples, Typical mistakes, Exercises with Answers (2016)
RECOMMENDED SEQUENCE OF WORKING WITH JELENA’S BOOKS:
- Start with the book Behind the Cloud, Chapters 1-3 – to learn how to construct a good Dilemma Cloud.
- Then move to the book Mistakes and Difficulties in Working with TOC Logical Tools, Chapters 1-8 – to learn in detail how to avoid mistakes in constructing a Cloud.
- Return to Behind the Cloud and work through the book until the end – to learn in detail how to surface good assumptions that can lead you to find solutions.
This combination of material will enable you to build good enough clouds and equip you with good understanding and practical tips how to work with assumptions and develop injections.
If you want to have further understanding of different types of Clouds and build solid knowledge on how to develop UDEs and how to work with UDE Clouds:
- Move to the book Through Clouds to Solutions, and also read Chapters 9-10 in Mistakes and Difficulties
- Read Mistakes and Difficulties to the end
To get solid understanding of how to work with the Strategy and Tactic Tree:
- Move to the book A Good Strategy & Tactic Tree